The ancients thought so! The Psalmist proclaims, in Psalm 119:164,
“I will praise you seven times a day
because all your regulations are just.”
How might seven full stops a day reorient my life?
How might seven meaningful moments of praise, prayer, and reflection empower me to live into the fullness of God’s love and the life He offers?
I hope that seven brief but potent Spirit-empowered daily pauses, practiced with intention and over time, will help me be more engaged, faithful, patient, loving, and kind as a:
I’ve been contemplating questions like this for a few weeks now. So, for the month of July, I am going to attempt a prayer journey. I’ve asked my Pillar family if they’d like to take this journey with me. With this post, I’m asking you to consider taking this journey as well!
The journey consists of only a few steps. The steps will, however, be repeated between five and seven times every day.
- Step 1: Memorize your favorite version of the Lords prayer (Matthew 6:9 – 13 or Luke 11:2 – 4).
- Step 2: Pause and ‘pray’ the Lord’s prayer throughout your day. The following stops are the ones I’m going to try to make:
- When I wake up.
- Before breakfast.
- Before lunch.
- Before Dinner.
- Before Bed.
- Step 3: As you pause to pray, take a moment to reflect on one portion of the prayer specifically.
- Step 4: Invite some friends to practice this rhythm with you. Schedule a weekly gathering with them to share the insights gained.
- Step 5: Consider taking half a day during the month for a personal retreat during which you can dive more deeply into this prayer the Lord gave us.
You will find a reproducible image that you may want to keep with you, as well as a link to a Pdf file, that you can download to serve as a guide during the month.
Tired of trying the same old ‘quick fix’ approaches to deeply rooted problems?
Spend a month with the Master, and a few friends.
It may just change your life!
Disrupting to Renew!